Monday, November 5, 2007

Crazy talk

The denizens of the Mission District are an eclectic bunch. It's a very "urban, gritty , colorful" kind of neighborhood, ie it's mostly poor, black and hispanic people. Also, because this is SF, Asians, too. Basically, not a lot of white people, which is fine by me, being from the Chocolate City myself. Anyway, it's an endless carnival of humanity, making for an entertaining walk each morning to work. (Yes, I am now gainfully employed if you didn't know. I am sorry if I have been out of touch with some of y'all, but hey I been busy.)

So this morning I hear a deranged homeless woman talking to herself: "He makes me look like a lunatic in front of the whole world!"


It was very unclear who "he" was, but I just love random hyperbole, and really appreciated her use of the word lunatic.

1 comment:

  1. I seem to be your only commenter even though my fabulous blog is still not linked (hint hint).

    My favorite crazy talk moment was a homeless man outside of the Port Authority screaming "I don't know Karate, but I do know Crazy". I thought it was genius. I later found out it is a line from a James Brown song. That makes the story even better IMHO

    ReplyDelete