Tuesday, February 14, 2006

St. Valentine's Day is a Bullshit Holiday!

Yes, the obligatory "I'm single and it's fucking Valentine's Day, as if I need an entire holiday to remind of the fact that I am single, just shoot me now, or better I will just shoot myself, since I do not have anyone anyway" rant.

As if my weekly excursion to Sav-A-Center to pick up groceries isn't enough of a reminder. All those smarmy couples arguing over breakfast cereals--ack, ack, retch. It's depressing.

And it's not as if there are any prospects on the horizon. I mean nothing, nothing at all to look forward to. Not that things were great pre-K, but it seems that storm also caused a serious shortage of early-30-something gay men in this city. I am not even going to bother with further qualifiers, as it would shrink the category to zero.

Well, I need a haircut. I hope the guy I usually go to is back at work. Getting a haircut always makes me feel better, like I am a whole new person. "Make me look like I just joined the Marines" is usually what I ask for, but I think I may leave my hair a bit longer on the top, while maintaining the proper fade at the back and sides. I may even shave the beard this week, though never the sideburns, kind of a signature part of the 'do at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment