Sunday, December 3, 2006

June 10, 2006 - Flashback


This is an image I recently pulled off my cell phone to clear its memory for my trip to Denver. Of course, I did not figure out how to upload images from my phone to Sprint until the trip was pretty much over, so I didn't get the chance to document anything there! Dumbass. I will have to rely on friends' photos once again. Most of these of course, will be pictures of them doing fun things, since they are all so completely self-absorbed (no, but really, in a good way).
I intend to get a small digital camera to rectify the problem ASAP.

Well, anyway, anyway, this image is a perfect example of a cooler packed prior to going tubing or on a float trip. Being from NYC, I was not familiar with this particular activity: floating on an inner tube down a river while the whole time drinking beer (and smoking cigs, if you do (I do)), periodically stopping off at the shore to eat and throw away the accumulated cans.


Now that I have lived in the South for over five years, I have gone tubing many, many times. The first summer I went, I went almost every weekend for a good six weeks or so because I had so much fun the first time. With a big group, it is even more fun. The last time I went (when this picture was taken) was June 10, 2006. It was the one and only time this past summer I had a chance to go. If I am still living here next summer, I will be sure to get out on the water as much as possible, especially with any out-of-town guests (hint, hint) that may come to visit. See? Not only can you get fucked up on Bourbon Street when you come to New Orleans, you can get fucked up anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment