Thursday, February 1, 2007

A new job

Oh yeah, I have a new job now. I'm working for a firm in the CBD (Central Business District), right down the street from the Superdome. Non sequitor: I can't stand a fucking office know-it-all! And we have one here. I am not absolutely certain why some people feel the need to weigh in on subjects over which they have no mastery, but I surmise that it has to do with their secret self-knowledge that they are utterly uninteresting and stupid, thus they are insecure jackasses. I usually have trouble dealing with this personality type because the information they are spouting off is almost always incorrect, and I can't stand misinformation. Not to suggest that I am a know-it-all, but what I DO know (which does tend to be more than most, and you know it) I am confident of. What usually happens is I end up constantly correcting the know-it-all's facts as they are spewed, and it seemingly becomes this absurd competition. This time round, however, I have decided to just not get involved, unless of course an innocent could potentially injure himself/herself because of some misinformation. I think that is the noble thing to do, right? I mean, it's not my problem if you're so ignorant you go around listening to other stupid people and simply accept what they say without checking their facts. Dumbass!

I can't wait to see what other obnoxious personality types will reveal themselves in the coming weeks. This is why I preferred working for a firm with only four employees. God, my SF trip can't come soon enough! 4 more days....

No comments:

Post a Comment