Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Gayest Weekend Ever, Part II

What could be more gay than a concert featuring Amber AND Reina? Probably the weekend that I met up with friends in Las Vegas to go to see Cher on I think her second (or was it her third?) farewell tour on one night, and then catch Dolly Parton on the next. I have to say seeing Ms. Parton live was awesome. Cher was good too. But anyway, the B-list lineup at the House of Blues, New Orleans has broken my gaydar….

Oh, and I have seen Reina before, at Shampoo in Philadelphia (my parents are still getting flyers from that club). It’s where the famous, “Carl, it’s Reina” moment took place.

Picture it: three friends on the dancefloor, the beat kicks in with “Find Another Woman.” A woman steps out on stage completely covered in sequins. Two of the friends are facing the stage while the third is facing away.
“Carl, it’s Reina!” we scream over the music.
“I know, I love this song.”
(Pointing over his shoulder) “No. Carl. IT’S REINA!”

I wish I had pictures from that day so long ago. But that was in the pre-digital era.

No comments:

Post a Comment